Mid-summer task list will get your appliances in tip top shape as you prepare for the busy fall season.
- Improve refrigerator efficiency. Clean refrigerator condenser coils with a condenser cleaning brush and your vacuum cleaner to clear dust and lint off the coils underneath (or behind) your self-defrosting refrigerator. We recommend using a condenser cleaning brush to make this job easier.
- Keep your garbage disposer smelling fresh and running smoothly. Clean and deodorize it with a special garbage disposer cleaning agent.
- Help keep your dryer free of lint; prevent dryer lint fires and reduce drying time for your clothes. Clear your dryer exhaust vent with a dryer vent brush — a flexible brush that can reach around corners and dislodge lint trapped in the vent.
- Prevent washing machine floods. Inspect the water fill hoses to your washing machine and replace them if you see blisters, cracks, or if the hoses are more than five years old. Consider upgrading to hoses with metal sheathing; they are much less likely to burst.
- Keep water and ice cubes tasting fresh and clean. Change your refrigerator or ice maker water filters.
- Clean the lime, scale and soap scum buildup inside your dishwasher using a special detergent that also removes discoloration due to iron and other water impurities.